Queen of the tv screen, Tonto Dikeh journey into the music industry has seen her release some tracks and also being signed under new record label DB Records and this time she takes it to the next level as she officially releases the video to one of her hit single “Sugar Rush” which features the Koko Master and Ceo of DB Records, D’banj.
Tonto Dikeh gave us a feel of her acting skills and also Moe Musa did a great job on the video with a dramatic effects and clean visual.
Watch now and share your thoughts.
The compilation album called ‘The Indestructible Choc Boi Nation‘ will feature all the stars on the Chocolate City – Loopy Music roster and related artistes and will be released this week for free streaming exclusively on Star Music App
Featured artistes include Ice Prince, Jesse Jagz, M.I, Nosa, Ruby Gyang, Victoria Kimani, Pryse, DJ Lambo, DJ Caise, Loose Kaynon and Dice Ailes, Milli & Koker.
You’ll recall that the critically acclaimed singles ‘Summer Time’ and ‘Suite 99’ were released first on Star Music App.
1. Summertime – MI, Ice Prince & Jesse Jagz. With additional vocals from Loose Kaynon. Produced by Jesse Jagz & Reinhard.
2. Do Something – Koker. With additional vocals by Nosa. Produced by Reinhard, L37 with additional production from TMXO.
3. Drank – DJ Lambo, Milli & Dice Ailes. Produced by Reinhard.
4. Bass – Ice Prince & Koker. Produced by Reinhard.
5. Oh No No – Dice Ailes. Produced by Tunday.
6. Go Hard – Loose Kaynon, Milli & Ice Prince. Produced by Reinhard.
7. Ricochet – Pryse. Produced by Teck Zilla
8. Loving You – Victoria Kimani & Ice Prince. Produced by L37.
9. Love Is Calling – Nosa. Produced by Nosa.
10. Loose Soul – Ruby & DJ Caise. Produced by DJ Caise and Reinhard.
11. No More – Ruby & Jesse Jagz with additional vocals from Debbie Romeo. Produced by Reinhard and Jesse Jagz.
12. Heartfelt – Milli & Koker. Produced by Reinhard.
13. 3rd Mainland Bridge – MI & Moti Cakes. Produced by Ckay.
14. Suite 99 – Jesse Jagz & Ice Prince. Produced by Jesse Jagz & L37.
15. Restoration – Jesse Jagz, MI & Milli. Produced by Jesse Jagz.
Lets Get to Meet you
My real names are ”Douglas Jack Agu’Am From Enugu state..
How and where did you Grow up?
I grew up partly in Abuja and Lagos. Initially, we were based in Lagos
because then my dad was ill and he was in LUTH. Most of the time, we stayed
at Ikeja and I had most of my primary education in Lagos. When my dad died,
we moved to Abuja, because at that time, my mum worked for the Ministry of Health.
In 2005, my mum relocated to Enugu and went into politics. I moved with her too and
that was when I wrote my WAEC examination in Enugu.
When did you go into Music?
I went into music 2007.but professionally, I’ll say it started in 2010, because that was
when I recorded my first single “Party Like It’s 1980″. I remember that 2007 was the year Phyno
and I moved to Lagos from Enugu. We stayed and worked with J Martins. If you noticed, we both
featured on J Martins second album on the 5th track titled “Tonight”. So, we kept our craft and
just kept on recording. I also did my own song back then called “Activity Pikin”. I shot a video
for it but got little airplay and people didn’t get to know who ‘Run Town’ was. But I still kept
at it, and along the line I met Timaya through J-Martins, and I started working with Timaya. At a
point, I started staying with Timaya. I learnt a lot of stuffs from Timaya about growing up in the
industry. When I recorded the song “Party Like It’s 1980″, the song was popular, but the artiste (me),
wasn’t popular. A lot of people knew the song, but I wasn’t known. So, I felt I needed to put a face to
my music. So, we thought of doing a remix of the song and I told Timaya I wanted to feature Davido on
the remix because then I wasn’t close to Davido. Timaya put a call through to Davido, but when we got
to Davido’s house to do the song, we ended up changing our minds and we did a new song ‘Gallardo’ and
that was how my career took a new turn with the song. So much so that when I go to shows these days and
I perform my old songs, people tend to connect with it and that makes me feel really happy.
Apart from doing music,What other interest do you have?
i Love to Play basketball..i have always wanted to be a Musician and a basketball player..
Challenges so far?
It’s been very hard. I remember when I did the song “Party Like It’s 1980″, it was very hard to raise funds to shoot the video and when I eventually shot the video, it was a very low budget video. So, financing your career as a musician is very difficult if you don’t have help
your Greatest fear…?
Going broke. I’ll rather lose my mind instead of going broke, because when you
lose your mind you won’t know what’s happening anymore.
DM records presents the official music video for Timaya’s 2014 hit, “Gbagam” featuring man of the year, Phyno and Deettii. The song is off his Epiphany album. The video was shot and directed by maverick producer, Clarence Peters. One word for this video, WIKID!!! Check on the video below. Download, share and enjoy.
Produced by jayfizzbeatz…